Q. What is causing gum swelling and bleeding with bad taste?

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

I am experiencing swelling of the gum on my molar and bleeding, as well as a bad taste in my mouth. I have a picture and it looks as though there might be some food stuck in my gum or even my wisdom tooth coming in. I am not entirely sure but I would like an opinion on the picture, if possible?

#

I can see in the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is an infection present in your last molar region, most probably it is due to third molar impaction and known as pericoronitis. Sometimes it is also due to abnormal cheek biting. You should avoid spicy and hot food. Make proper oral hygiene, you could also use salted water to rinse your mouth. Please see your dentist for a clinical examination and treatment. A dental X-ray should be taken.

|