Q. What is the best treatment for gum bleeding and bad breath?

Dr. Shamaz Mohamed
Published on Oct 28, 2018

I have crooked teeth, four up and four down. I want to know what should be done to them to fix. I had recently started facing the problem of gum bleeding and bad smell from mouth. Some yellow decay are there inside my lower four teeth.

#

I can understand the problem. It is called lower jaw insufficiency and it is an orthodontic problem with crowding in lower front teeth. The yellow layer is called dental calculus and it is a calcified dirt. I would suggest you undergo orthodontic treatment. The dentist may extract one or two teeth as a part of treatment after a thorough examination. He shall align the teeth properly in a year duration. Also, undergo scaling and polishing of your teeth at the earliest.

How can bad breath be stopped and prevented?

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing a problem with bad smell from mouth. I have faced this problem six to eight months before after my accident and I took heavy-dose antibiotics. I have shown to a dentist and I have cleared all my tooth problems. After that also, I am facing this bad smell. I am taking Omepr...  Read Full »

What can be done for spongy bleeding gums in a diabetic?

Query: Hello doctor, My parents are diabetic and living in a village where non-treated water is consumed daily for everything other than drinking which is rich in minerals, algal blooms, dirt, etc. Suggest me a toothpaste which is better considering this kind of locality. Their gums are bleeding and exper...  Read Full »

What to do for swollen and bleeding gums?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a cut in the gum after having some food. Later, I gargled with Listerine and it worsens the condition with swelling. I am having bleeding gums while brushing. I am 35 years old and I am diabetic. Please do the needful.  Read Full »