Q. What could these red lines under my eyes indicate?

Dr. Zubayeralam

I have attached a picture for your reference. What could these red lines under my eye indicate? I have a problem with blepharitis and MGD. Could it be related to that? Please answer.

#

Thank you for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from red lines under the eye. According to the picture provided here (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), you may suffer from blepharitis due to posterior eyelid inflammation, which occurs on the inner edge of eyelids. This inflammation may spread and cause redness or redlines under or around the eye.

An eye swab or a sample of any fluid seeping from your eyes can confirm the source of inflammation or infection, whether bacterial, viral, or fungal.

Washing your eyes with plain water and applying a warm compress can help reduce the inflammation and subside the redness or redlines under the eye. Again, steroid eye drops can decrease the inflammation and redness of the eye. For dryness, you can use lubricating eye drops to stop the irritation caused by dry eyes. After detecting the source of inflammation or infection, you will need antibiotics, antiviral or antifungal medication. Take care. Let me know if I can assist you further.

|