Q. Despite normal gastroscopy, I am having gas and bloating issues. Please help.

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 28, 2020

I am 29 years old. I was having stomach pain, acidity and bloating since a year. So, I did an endoscopy as advised by my doctor. The report showed H.pylori positive. I finished the full course of medication as directed by the doctor and I felt better. Then, I switched to a new place. After relocating to the new place, my pain and acidity subsided. But, I do feel bloated and gas especially in the evening time. Again, I had a gastroscopy, but nothing came out of the report. I am still having gas and bloating issues at night. Also, recently, I am having dark stools. Please advise.

#

• Having gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that you have lower esophageal sphincter laxity (LOS laxity). Also, you might be having chronic gastritis and colitis.
  • The gas and bloating is usually secondary to these pathologies. I would suggest you get your stool examination and culture done.
  • In the mean time, I suggest you take a good proton pump inhibitor twice a day and a probiotic twice a day. Consult your doctor and discuss with him or her for the medicine.

Stool routine and culture sensitivity.

Revert back with the reports to a surgical gastroenterologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/surgical-gastroenterologist

|