Q. I have a stuffy nose for two months, and it is hard to sleep. What would you recommend?

Dr. Afifa Nighat
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 23, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 01, 2021

I have enlarged turbinates in the right nostril. I have fatigue with some gut issues. My nose is stuffy with clear discharge. From this, what would recommend for me and how much to be taken? I have these issues for the past two months and I feel hard to sleep.

#

You have difficulty while sleeping at night. It suggests that you might be suffering from obstructive sleep apnea. Your weight seems to be high. You need to do a complete physical examination before reaching a definitve diagnosis. I suggest you reduce your weight and sleep at night with two pillows. For nasal congestion, you can do Vicks (Eucalyptus oil with Thymol) steam inhalation. You can also use Avamys nasal spray (Fluticasone furoate) twice a day.

You have Obesity and allergies.

You need to overnight polysomnography and local examination of the nasal cavity.

You can have OSA (obstructive sleep apnea) and allergic rhinitis.

You have sleep apnea.

You can do Vicks steam inhalation twice daily and use Avamys nasal spray one puff twice daily.

Reduce your weight and avoid taking carbohydrates.

Have a follow-up at any time.

|