HomeAnswersHematologyblood disorderHelp me with the reason for the abdominal pain, fever, and vomiting.

Can anemia cause abdominal pain, severe weakness, bone pain, dizziness, and fever in a patient?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At February 16, 2023
Reviewed AtOctober 13, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I have blood issues. Recently I have been facing this problem like unexplained fever, vomiting, right upper abdominal pain, severe weakness, dizziness, fainting, bone pain, feeling very tired without doing anything, blurry vision, ear tingling, shortness of breath, feeling very uncomfortable and imbalanced nowadays. What could be the exact reason? Recently I have done my PBF test, and the report shows that-

  • RBC- microcytic hypochromic.
  • WBC- matured with increased cellularity, predominant cells are neutrophils.
  • Platelet- adequate.
  • Comment- microcytic hypochromic anemia with neutrophilic leucocytosis.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I understand your concern.

You are having multiple symptoms according to provided history. Here one single diagnosis cannot be made. But it can be a generalized viral infection. Excess anxiety also can lead to multiple site body pain and dizziness. I suggest you consult a nearby physician for a detailed body check-up and physical examination. Your routine investigations like SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase), SGOT (serum glutamic-oxaloacetic transaminase), serum bilirubin, and full CBC (complete blood count) need to be done for further workup. Your blood pressure also needs to be checked. Microcytic hypochromic anemia could be due to iron deficiency. So your hemoglobin (Hb) value should be checked. If Hb is below the reference range, an iron tablet must be prescribed. It could be due to infection or inflammation in the body. If the total count is high with high neutrophils, then an antibiotic course can be given empirically, considering it an infection.

I hope I have answered your question.

Let me know if I can assist you further.


Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri
Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri


Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy