Q. Me and my fiance have same blood group. Will it affect our baby?

Image: Me and my fiance have same blood group.  Will it affect our baby?

I am 30 years old. I am planning to get married to a girl who is known to me. We have very good understanding. But, we have the same blood group that is O positive. Since blood group is a factor for having babies, do you think having same positive blood group could create problems for future generation? My father is very concerned about this. He talked with several doctors and they ensured that it could create problem. And they do not want me to marry this girl. I talked with another doctor, she replied me like it is not a big problem.

I am in great trouble right now, how could I give clear explanation to my father about this issue. My father told me he knows two couples of same positive blood group who has been married for 10 years without having baby. And doctors could not find any problems for both men and women. But their blood immune system did not match to have a baby.

I have these questions:

• Do the same blood group create problem? If yes then what basically create problems?
  • Are there any precautions that need to consider for having baby after getting married with same blood group?
  • Are the diseases like thalassemia occurring because of parent's rhesus factors?

One thing to clarify to clarify is that we are two brothers and two sisters and all the six members of my family have same blood group O positive. My elder sister got baby after 8 years and her husband is B positive. And my younger sister, she always gets sick since her antibody of her blood cell might not strong enough to fight disease.

My father explained, due to my parents have same blood group; my sisters might got those above explained problems. I will explain my family based on your explanation.

Thank you in advance.