Q. My mother's fasting sugar is higher than the post prandial sugar. Why is this happening?

Answered by Dr. Kaveri Dandapani and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Blood Sugar Levels or Glucagon? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: My mother's fasting sugar is higher than the post prandial sugar. Why is this happening?

• My mother's fasting sugar is higher than the post prandial sugar (130 and 115 respectively). She had normal diet only.
  • And also, 2 hours after taking 75 grams of glucose, without any work, the sugar level is 260. Why is this happening?