Q. What should I do manage the boils near my anus?

Answered by Dr. Madhav and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A


Do you have a question on Boil or Abscess? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Hello doctor,

I have a boil near my anus for the past two years. Kindly advice.

Related Questions:
My son does not take any medicines due to taste issues. What should I do?
All About Gum Abscess
How can boils on my chin be treated?

Dr. Madhav
M.S., M.S
General Surgery


Welcome to icliniq.com.

From what I can see, it appears to be an abscess. The fact that it is reoccurring means that it has never adequately been dealt with. I would like you to answer a few questions before we go forward. Do you suffer from a medical illness, like diabetes? Does this swelling burst open or does it subside without pus drainage, if so, how long does it take to heal?

As far as treatment is concerned, there are two ways to go about it for now.

1. Apply an antibacterial cream, and have antibiotics.

2. Get an incision and drainage procedure done. Kindly reply so we can discuss the problem further.

Differential diagnosis:

Fistula in ano needs to be rules out.

Treatment plan:

1. Ointment Bactroban (Mupirocin) three times a day.
2. Tablet Combiflam SOS for pain.
3. Tablet Ciplox 500 MG BD (twice daily) for five days.
4. Tablet Pan 40 (Pantoprazole) OD (once daily) for five days.

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Related Questions & Answers

An untreated abscessed tooth has started draining from outside the mouth. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor,My partner had an abscessed tooth a while back that went untreated due to no insurance and not having the money for an office visit. The infection has somehow traveled to the outside of his mouth and has to be drained from the exterior on his jawline. No matter how many times it is drai...  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understand what exactly is the situation. The drainage you are doing is the symptomatic treatment of an abscess and you are not treating the root cause which is an anaerobic bacterial infection. I suggest you take the following medi...  Read Full »
Got a boil in pubic region after unprotected sex. Is it STD?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. My height is 165 cm and weight is 78 kg. I had a whitehead boil kind of thing in the pubic region for around three to four months. But, there was no pain on touching or pressing. Now very recently, I got four more similar things at the end of penis near the junct...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern.  Read Full »
What Can Cause Sudden Tingling And Itchy Sensation?
Query: Hi doctor, Two months ago I started feeling tingling and itching sensation between my thighs and then up to my chest. I just took the most painful shower ever (warm water). It stung and I wanted to scratch my skin off. At first there was nothing visible, just itching, now you can see red dots here...  Read Full »
Dr. Atishay Bukharia
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a case of folliculitis, probably fungal or bacterial in nature. Apply Mupirocin ointment, twice daily. For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Most Viewed

Sepsis - Causes|Symptoms|Risk Factors|Diagnoses|Treatments|Prevention
Sepsis is a medical emergency, as it causes multiple organ failure. When the body's response to infection in the blood s...  Read more »
I have on and off acid reflux as well as mild dysphagia. Is this esophageal cancer?
Hello doctor,I am a 26-year-old male. I have been experiencing on and off acid reflux for a few weeks as well as mild dy...  Read more »
There is a hard lump under the nipple. I am afraid of breast cancer. How to proceed further?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old female. I found a quarter-sized hard nonmobile lump under my nipple a day ago. Is that an...  Read more »

Also Read Answers From