Q. What should I do manage the boils near my anus?

Dr. Madhav
Published on Jun 26, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 01, 2019

I have a boil near my anus for the past two years. Kindly advice.

Dr. Madhav

General Surgery
#

From what I can see, it appears to be an abscess. The fact that it is reoccurring means that it has never adequately been dealt with. I would like you to answer a few questions before we go forward. Do you suffer from a medical illness, like diabetes? Does this swelling burst open or does it subside without pus drainage, if so, how long does it take to heal?

As far as treatment is concerned, there are two ways to go about it for now.

1. Apply an antibacterial cream, and have antibiotics.

2. Get an incision and drainage procedure done. Kindly reply so we can discuss the problem further.

Fistula in ano needs to be rules out.

1. Ointment Bactroban (Mupirocin) three times a day.
2. Tablet Combiflam SOS for pain.
3. Tablet Ciplox 500 MG BD (twice daily) for five days.
4. Tablet Pan 40 (Pantoprazole) OD (once daily) for five days.

| 

An untreated abscessed tooth has started draining from outside the mouth. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,My partner had an abscessed tooth a while back that went untreated due to no insurance and not having the money for an office visit. The infection has somehow traveled to the outside of his mouth and has to be drained from the exterior on his jawline. No matter how many times it is drai...  Read Full »

Can a boil on the groin be STD?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. My height is 165 cm and weight is 78 kg. I had a whitehead boil kind of thing in the pubic region for around three to four months. But, there was no pain on touching or pressing. Now very recently, I got four more similar things at the end of penis near the junct...  Read Full »

What Can Cause Sudden Tingling And Itchy Sensation?

Query: Hi doctor, Two months ago I started feeling tingling and itching sensation between my thighs and then up to my chest. I just took the most painful shower ever (warm water). It stung and I wanted to scratch my skin off. At first there was nothing visible, just itching, now you can see red dots here...  Read Full »

Ask a General Surgeon Now