Q. Are all brain tumors deadly?

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

I have MRI scans, and I am attaching my reports. I would like an expert to review and advise.

#

As per your neuroimaging report (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), the possibility of some metastatic tumor on brain coverings (meninges or dura) can be there. The imaging photos are not properly accessible. For evaluation of this, possible ways can be:

1. Lumbar puncture and detailed examination of CSF (cerebrospinal fluid), including malignant cells.

2. Biopsy from the feasible area, based on MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) findings.

3. PET scan (positron emission tomography).

Among these, the biopsy will be the most confirmatory tool.

What will a biopsy uncover? Would radiation be the next step or surgery or both?

#

The biopsy can give tissue diagnosis, like what kind of malignancy it is. PET scan (positron emission tomography) whole body can give information if there is any other focus of malignancy in other parts of the body. If other body parts also have some malignancy focus, then it might be more convenient to take out a biopsy from that body part (instead of the brain).

|