Q. Do visual alterations in my upper left occur due to brain tumors?

Dr. Chirag Solanki

For about a year, I sometimes suddenly see two moving spinning dots, which I do not know how to explain more. They look like spinning wheels and last for nearly ten to fifteen seconds; after that, everything seems normal. I usually see them in my upper left side vision. Even though I try to close my eyes, I still feel them, which happens once in one or two months. Sometimes it happens twice a day, and I feel pain in my head (right lower side) and right ear, which usually subsides after taking Disprin. However, for the past six months, I am not experiencing any pain. I consulted a doctor fifteen days back and checked my eyes, which were normal. My queries are:

1. Can it be some serious problem like a tumor?

2. Should I do MRI?

#

I understand your concern.

Considering your symptoms, I think it is more likely related to the eyes, although the eye tests are normal. So I think you should get magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) done once to rule out other causes like brain lesions.

Thank you for your reply.

1. Can it be related to symptoms of lesions in the occipital lobe?

2. What are the symptoms of occipital lobe lesions?

3. I generally do not have any severe headaches, and I have done MRI a few years back, and it was normal. So what MRI should I do?

5. Do I have to do an MRI brain?

#

Exactly it may be due to an occipital lesion. It is really good that you know about occipital lesions.

1. How did you know it?

2. Did you use internet to search about it?

However, occipital lesions are just a possibility, especially considering the eyes and retina are normal. So no need to worry or fear and get the MRI brain done with contrast (if needed).

Thank you for your reply, doctor.

I read about occipital lesions on the internet, and I was scared a lot. In case there is a lesion,

1. Can it lead to blindness?

2. Can occipital lesions cause blindness?

3. Is there any treatment for lesions?

4. Does a lesion means a tumor?

#

No need to worry. It is only a remote possibility for occipital lesions as your symptoms are not specific, and your eyes are normal. We must rule out the exact reason and not be scared. These questions come only if there is some lesion, and it all depends on the type of lesions, no need for any speculations. Get the MRI done, and MRI may likely be normal.

|