Q. I have a lump of fat under my breast. What is it?

Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

I have a roll or lump of fat under my left breast, on the top of the ribcage. It comes down from my chest, it kind of fills the gap from under the breast to the ribs. It is not hard, does not hurt nor is it sore. It is just squishy and soft like normal fat. Is it possible to get fat on just one side of the body like that?

#

The description you gave indicates likely two possibilities, it may be a simple lipoma, that is just accumulation of fat cells, and the other possibility is fibroadenoma that is relatively firm in consistency and freely mobile, both are non-painful and benign conditions. But I would advise you to get an appointment with either Gynecologist or general surgery doctor. Just get it examined, if they feel, they can order an ultrasound of breast or needle biopsy, (although I am pretty sure that is not needed). A mammogram is not a good option for you as due to age.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|