Q. How to know if the small bumps on my penile shaft are genital warts?

Dr. Bn Bhagat
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2021 and last reviewed on: Oct 18, 2021

I noticed two small bumps on my penis shaft. I do not have any other symptoms. Are these bumps genital warts?

Kindly help.

#

I saw the pictures that you have attached (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). I am not very sure to diagnose it as warts in your case.

Generally, genital warts could appear as small bumps with the same color as surrounding skin or slightly darker, scattered, or clustered bumps with cauliflower-like texture on the penis, penile shaft, or scrotum. In the picture, there are two tiny bumps darker in color. There are no specific symptoms for warts, but sometimes there can be itching and bleeding from the lesion.

Do you have any history of HPV (human papillon virus) infection?

The best suggestion I would give you is to visit a sexual health clinic or a dermatologist to get it diagnosed. Direct examination becomes essential as it can be viewed much clearly.

|