Q. How can I read bifascicular block on an EKG?

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq
Published on May 21, 2019

I am wondering if there is any specific thing to look for on an EKG to show bifascicular block? I am trying to learn EKG reading and was wondering if you can help me.

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiology General Practitioner
#

Look for right bundle branch block and axis deviation. If left anterior or posterior hemi-block is also present, this makes it bifascicular block. If AV block also, this makes trifascicular block. If left anterior and posterior blocks combine, it is called left bundle branch block, if left and right both bundles block, this is called complete heart block and third degree AV block. If you are a medical personnel, it is easy to understand, if layman, then it may take some time to get used to EKG.

Does my EKG show any block?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 37-year-old female, 140 lbs 5’5". I saw a new cardiologist yesterday and my EKG results. Results said left axis deviation, LAPB, RBBB. I asked her if I have a bundle branch block and she said no because only the two heartbeats show it and the rest of the EKG was normal. I am worri...  Read Full »

Is jerky septum a normal finding on the echocardiogram?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 50 years old. My echo is normal with LVEF of 50% and dobutamine stress test negative for ischemia (LVEF of 58%). But, it shows a jerky septum? Is jerky septum a normal finding?  Read Full »

EKG for shortness of breath showed QTc 470. Do I have a prolonged QT?

Query: Hello doctor,I went to the ER for shortness of breath. I suffer from panic disorder and hypochondria. My doctor did an EKG and released me and told me it was benign. I saw my QTc was 470. Is this correct? She told me there was a benign ST elevation. I am so nervous. Please help me. Is this EKG norma...  Read Full »