Q. I have a burning sensation on the tip of my penis when I pee. Is it due to an infection?

Answered by Dr. Shahil Khant and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Burning Sensation Of Penis or Urine Analysis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Recently I have been experiencing a slight burning sensation on the tip of my penis. When I pee, it stings a bit. The stinging sensation is subtle, but there is always a slight urge to pee. It feels like something is streaming down, but I can only feel it when it reaches close to the head of my penis. I am uncircumcised and I notice a white substance that seems to be, what I feel is, dripping down. I have not had sex in a while and if I did, it was always protected. I thought it might be due to lack of hydration. So, I have started to drink more water. I was told that cranberry juice works, which I started drinking today. My pee stream is slightly weaker, but the color is normal. Any advice? I thought it might be an infection but I do not want to jump to conclusions yet.