Q. The area around naval region has sunken after C-section. Why?

Dr. Deepti Kurmi
Published on Aug 04, 2019

I had a C-section delivery last month. Although stitches are healed and I am not having any trouble in the incision area. Since the last one month I am noticing that the area around my navel region has sunken in. I am having a rounded depression starting from the belly button to downwards. I am not having any pain in the area. Can you please have a look at the pictures and let me know what it could be.

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have seen your images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is not abnormal. Your tummy fat is dissolving which was accumulated during pregnancy. Your uterus is also sinking that is why your tummy appearance is like this. It might take a couple of months to get it normal. As you had C-section recently so I will not suggest any exercise. You can use an abdominal belt if required for support. After six months, you can start exercise to get it in normal shape.

How can the cut on my little daughter's face be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4-year-old daughter had a cut near her eye as she fell down. It is about 3 cm. The doctor asked me for stitches but stitches may leave mark on her face. The doctor suggested for a plastic surgery. Please advise. I have attached a photograph.  Read Full »

We have been suggested for C-section after 36 weeks. Shall we proceed?

Query: Hi doctor, Actually, my wife is 37 weeks pregnant. The growth scan shows that the fetal growth is 34 weeks 5 days. So, our doctor is suggesting for C-section after about a week's time to avoid any suffocation to the fetus. Is it fine to get a C-section during the fetal growth of about 36 weeks? Plea...  Read Full »

RBC count 3.54, hematocrit 33.3, and hemoglobin 11.4. Are these values normal to have after C-section?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife gave birth before nine days, and we did a blood test yesterday, and her RBC count was 3.54, hematocrit 33.3, and hemoglobin was 11.4. Is this a normal result considering she just had a C-section?  Read Full »