Q. Is it normal to have yellowish discharge after Clingen insertion?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I was diagnosed with candidiasis and my doctor gave me Clingen 3 for insertion. I used to get this candidiasis infection every month and it will get well on its own. For the first time I have consulted a doctor. At present, I am not having any symptoms and decided to take the medication course, which also included Fluconazole 150, for the first time. I inserted the tablet and slept. The next morning, I found slightly yellow discharge running down quite fluid. There is no burning or itching. Is it normal after inserting this tablet? I had such a discharge for the first time now. What caused this?

#

• Excess discharge post insertion of medication is because the medicine melts and a part of it has discharged. The yellowish tinge in the vaginal secretions also could be because of the medication.
  • Recurrent candidial infection has to be treated. Please get yourself checked by a gynecologist internally.
  • Also, get your partner treated simultaneously. Avoid having sex till then.
  • Wear cotton panties and loose lowers to prevent fungal infection. Maintain personal hygiene and take plenty of fluids.
  • Get your sugar levels checked, because diabetes could also be one of the reason for recurrent candidial infection.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I had my pap smear done and have attached other test reports for your reference.

#

• Good to know that you do not have sugar (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • You will have to take the medication for three days as directed by prescription.
  • You can use the lotion daily. This will help you prevent the infection in the future as well. Take care.

|