Q. Are the opacities in my chest x-ray due to cold?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman
Published on Apr 22, 2017

I had a chest x-ray for medical examination. The doctor asked me to take the x-ray twice. These days, I am suffering from cold and throat pain. Will it affect my result? Earlier I had some allergy, but nowadays I did not have that problem. Is it a serious problem to consider? Please guide me

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

#

• There is an opaque small mass that could be just a normal blood vessel or an abscess or a cystic mass. But in order to confirm, you need an MRI scan of your chest.
  • The cold and throat pain are not the cause of these opacities.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Is it a serious concern?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

#

• Since plain x-ray has a limited visualization of body structures, it could not differentiate whether these opacities are just normal blood vessels or opacities of lung nodules.
  • An MRI of the chest is needed to distinguish it.
  • Lung nodules are 90% benign and asymptomatic.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

MRI shows 'intermediate signal intensity lesion in endometrial cavity.' What is it?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother aged 55 years got an MRI with an observation of 'intermediate signal intensity lesion noted in the endometrial cavity measuring 19x28x24, in the fundal body region with loss of endometrial interface. Tethering of sigmoid colon with distal ileal loops to the uterus in fundus re...  Read Full »

Are cold with chest pain and fatigue symptoms of pneumonia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old female. I have a cold with chest pain, fatigue and difficulty breathing for three days up till now, without physically consulting a doctor. I have had pneumonia last year and I am afraid that I might get again as I am starting to show some symptoms of pneumonia. Sh...  Read Full »

I have throat pain. What do I do?

Query: Hi, My age is 29 years. Yesterday I drank ice cold water in the afternoon. Since today morning I am feeling pain in the throat, body pain and laziness. Please suggest medicine for the same.  Read Full »