Q. Are the opacities in my chest x-ray due to cold?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

I had a chest x-ray for medical examination. The doctor asked me to take the x-ray twice. These days, I am suffering from cold and throat pain. Will it affect my result? Earlier I had some allergy, but nowadays I did not have that problem. Is it a serious problem to consider? Please guide me

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

#

• There is an opaque small mass that could be just a normal blood vessel or an abscess or a cystic mass. But in order to confirm, you need an MRI scan of your chest.
  • The cold and throat pain are not the cause of these opacities.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Is it a serious concern?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

#

• Since plain x-ray has a limited visualization of body structures, it could not differentiate whether these opacities are just normal blood vessels or opacities of lung nodules.
  • An MRI of the chest is needed to distinguish it.
  • Lung nodules are 90% benign and asymptomatic.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|