Q. Pox rashes are spreading all over the body. Please advise.

Dr. Shilpa Reddy Diggireddy
Published on May 08, 2018

My son is 1 and a half years old. He has pox from two days. Slowly, these are spreading all over the body.

#

Chickenpox is a very simple issue in children. Do not worry.

I suggest giving him the following course:

1. Lactocalamine lotion to apply all over the body thrice a day. This will reduce itching and redness.
  2. Paracetamol 250 mg 3 ml three to four times a day for the fever and also pain due to the rash.
  3. Antibiotic is not required for him.

Give him warm water baths, not hot or else his skin will become dry and cause more itching.

If the lesions are secreting pus in any form they might be infected. Please take him to a dermatologist immediately if that is the case.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

Why did I get chickenpox for the second time?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old and I am suffering with chickenpox. I got this in the past too. How to get rid of it?  Read Full >>

Dr. Tim Evans

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We normally do not get chickenpox on more than one occasion. This is because, we develop a strong immune response to the virus and our body fights it before the infection takes hold. However, of course it is possible. If you did not develop a strong initial immune re...  Read Full