Q. My total cholesterol is 185 and LDL is 114. Am I at a risk of CAD?

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

My current total cholesterol is 185 and LDL is 114, and HDL 53, and triglycerides are 89. But before that, I had cholesterol 210 and LDL 170 for the past seven years. Should I go for further tests for CAD? Am I at the risk of CAD?

#

Thanks for the query.

Your current lipid profile is near normal, and no need for further tests per se, but some information is needed to guide you further regarding management.

Tell me that are you taking lipid-lowering medicine such as statins? How LDL lowered?

Do you have any family history of high cholesterol, especially LDL?

Is there a family history of heart attack, stroke, angina at a young age?

Are you a smoker?

I am not a smoker. I am using homeopathy medicine for lowering LDL and stay active, and no family history of a heart attack. But my father, two years before, once found TMT positive. He is also using hypertensive medicine, and my mother is also using hypertensive medicine, and my grandparents are also using hypertensive medicine. And my BP is always in range, like below 120/80. No young age heart attack in my family. But I only feel left side pain and left arm pain. When I do nothing, this pain comes and goes. I can run 600 meters and can walk 3 km. One year before, I was 75 kg, but now I am 64 kg. I am sending my previous health check-up report. I had a TMT done, which is negative. Now please tell me if I should worry about my heart and resting HR is about 65 hr per min. I always feel that I am a heart patient. I feel breathless when this happened. Is it related to my heart or anxiety?

Please help.

#

Maintain an active lifestyle, do regular exercise or walking. There is no need for further tests.

Vitamin D levels were low in your reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). Supplements should be taken, and sun exposure times should be increased.

TMT normal means no cardiac ischemic disease, so no need to worry.

Read my articles about chest pain and heart attack in the articles section to know more. If still further assistance is needed, you can ask any time.

|