I want to quit smoking but I cannot smoke. So suggest me some medicine so that I can quit smoking.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I hope you are doing well. I read your query and I am very proud that you have decided to take this great step.
First of all, you need to understand that there is no medicine available which will make you quit smoking, it is only you who can make it happen. Its not 1 week or even 1 month process, it takes lot of time and courage. I usually recommend following steps to my patient who wants to quit smoking.
1. Set a date. Setting a date has a psychological effect and you can choose any memorable date, your birthday, your anniversary, etc.
2. Tell your family, your friends and your colleagues. Discuss with them. They are the one who will help you late on with the process.
3. Prepare yourself for the upcoming problems. You will face Nicotine withdrawal and problems associated with that. It will be cough, constipation, etc. These are not serious but if you do not anticipate these, such problems will discourage you from quitting and start smoking again. Try to find a friend or partner who also wants to quit. 2 people make it easier for each other.
4. Remove smoking related products (Cigerrates, ashtray) from your house, car, workplace.
5. Now in final step, here comes a little role of doctor.
Now you need to understand you have 2 types of addictions, physical i.e. of nicotine and psychological i.e of act of smoking. For physical addiction I would recommend nicotine patches and bubblegum, whatever suits you better. For psychological addiction you have to control yourself, if you think that initially you cannot tolerate that, you can use electronic cigerratte for a month or so and it will help you. This is a workplan I can share with you which will help you in quitting smoking. I would love to see you again and help you step by step in the process wherever you need me.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
But the most important concern is the rising trend of smoking in developing countries like India ... Tobacco is used in the form of smoking, chewing, sniffing, and dipping ... So, consult a physi... Read fullHow can I get free from the habit of smoking?
Hello doctor,Give me a suggestion to free from smoking ... I am very upset about smoking ... Read fullWhy are WBC and neutrophils chronically high even if no infection is present?
In noninfectious conditions, such as burns, a postoperative state, acute asthma, myocardial infarction, acute attacks of gout, acute glomerulonephritis, rheumatic fever, collagen-vascular diseases, hypersensitivity reactions, and even cigarette ... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Family Physician Now