Q. I have lost most of my foreskin in circumcision. Is there any medication to stimulate the growth?

Dr. Raveendran Sr
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

20 years ago, when I was an young adult, my foreskin was mostly removed in circumcision. Some loose skin remains, although not enough to cover the head at all. Is it possible to regrow the skin or parts of it? And is there any medication or cream that could be used to stimulate skin growth?

Do you have a question on Circumcision Of Penis or Smegma?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Raveendran Sr

MBBS., MD., FSM
Andrology Diabetology Sexology

I can understand your concern for your symptoms. There are medicines to grow cells, but using in penis region is not an option. If your excess skin is giving difficulty during masturbation or sex, the only option is to see a surgeon and remove the excess skin and lead a happy life. If there is any other reason you want to remove the skin, do explain. We can work it out.

Kindly elaborate your complaints and all the doubts or question you have in one message so I will do my best to explain all in an understandable scientific way.

I would not want to remove any skin, but rather to make the excess skin longer to cover the penile head. The excess skin is not a problem during masturbation or urination, but my glans is very dry (I wash it with water twice a day and only use soap if there is sperm, plus sometimes wipe it with toilet paper after peeing).

Is dryness because of the glans is mostly exposed and rubs against underwear, especially when wearing briefs? I thought if foreskin could keep the glans moist, or what would you recommend? Also, why skin cell stimulating creams cannot be used on penile skin?

Dr. Raveendran Sr

MBBS., MD., FSM
Andrology Diabetology Sexology

You are not supposed to feel dryness in your penis, and it is because of a few foreskins you have. It is like asking you think your hands are getting dry and you always need a glows. After foreskin removal in a few days, you should not be feeling anything odd. Since your body will tell your brain, it is how you were born not to worry about that.

Yes, with the use of foreskin, smegma formation is complicated. Without the foreskin, there is no smegma complication and very less chance of penile infection. Also, skin cell stimulating creams cannot be used on penile skin because gland penis contains mucous membrane, not like skin on your hand or legs, so growth cream will act on glands and make it grow with an odd shape.

Also Read Answers From: Circumcision Of Penis Smegma

I put scotch tape on penis to regenerate foreskin. Will my babies have birth defects?
Query: Hello doctor, To make a long story short, I used scotch tape and micropore tape respectively on my penis. Two straps of tape were attached to the penis in the form of a cross, so that they met in the tip of the penis' head, while the ends went all the way down to the skin of the shaft. This allowed...  Read Full »
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I could not understand what made you do this practice and what benefit would you expect in this practice? There are no scientific studies available to support using this practice. Let me give my opinion. First of all, the mucous membrane is one of the highly sensit...  Read Full »

What is this white layer on the head of my penis?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. From a couple of months, I have noticed white layer with a bad smell on my penis head. Is it a sexually transmitted disease? What to do? How to get it treated? Please, suggest some treatment.  Read Full »
Dr. Parth Singh
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.The white-greyish foul smelling layer on the penis head is known as smegma. It is made up a collection of dead cells and bacteria. It grows when the penis is not cleaned on a daily basis.You need not panic. Just make a point that you clean your penis head thoroughly w...  Read Full »

What is the solution for skin being tight over the penis?
Query: Hello doctor, My husband and I have been having sex using a condom and it has been fine. Now we want to conceive and we are having sex without a condom and he experiences pain in his penis which causes him to lose his erection. He also experienced a cut in his penis area which caused bleeding that ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. Your husband may have phimosis or short frenulum. Is the skin over the penis head going behind the head smoothly or is it tight? If possible, pull the skin and send me images so that I can see and suggest. This may also be possible if lubr...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now