Q. What is the solution for skin being tight over the penis?

Dr. Shahil Khant

My husband and I have been having sex using a condom and it has been fine. Now we want to conceive and we are having sex without a condom and he experiences pain in his penis which causes him to lose his erection. He also experienced a cut in his penis area which caused bleeding that stopped quickly. Please suggest what to do.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

Relax and do not worry.

Your husband may have phimosis or short frenulum.

Is the skin over the penis head going behind the head smoothly or is it tight?

If possible, pull the skin and send me images so that I can see and suggest.

This may also be possible if lubrication of vagina is less causing dryness.

Thanks.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

I believe lubrication was all right. What is the solution for skin being tight over the penis (preferably non-surgical procedures)? We are concerned that this might happen repeatedly.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

For tight skin, treatment depends on severity. I believe it is more severe as you have repeated bleeding.

If it is less severe or mildly tight, then you can daily stretch the skin by pulling it backward after applying Lignocaine jelly or coconut oil. Gradually, it will dilate.

If it is severe, you will have to go for circumcision (surgical option).

If possible, see a urologist so that he can examine you physically and guide you properly.

| 

I put scotch tape on penis to regenerate foreskin. Will my babies have birth defects?

Query: Hello doctor, To make a long story short, I used scotch tape and micropore tape respectively on my penis. Two straps of tape were attached to the penis in the form of a cross, so that they met in the tip of the penis' head, while the ends went all the way down to the skin of the shaft. This allowed...  Read Full »

My lower back hurts a lot. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have hurt my lower back assumably while pushing a full set of drawers, around four to five months ago. I was in physiotherapy, but I have been discharged and I am waiting to see a specialist. I have been told that it may be an inflammatory problem. My skin is extremely sensitive in my l...  Read Full »

Can I use steroid creams for phimosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I think I have phimosis. In a flaccid condition, I can retract my foreskin to a certain level. But when erect, the foreskin goes down only a few centimeters, and only one fourth of the glans is visible. Is it possible to enjoy painless sex without any treatment?  Read Full »