Q. I am suffering from a severe headache, and my left eye vision is getting blurry. Kindly help me.

Dr. Rajendran R. Nayar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 29, 2021 and last reviewed on: Sep 27, 2022

I am 21-year-old. For the past 20 days, I am suffering from a severe headache that affects my left eye (vision becomes blurry). It seems to be very sensitive to light. When I wake up, I am not able to handle myself, and after taking a bath, my headache becomes severe. Kindly help me.

#

You appear to be having a cluster headache. Usually, they are not serious, though it caused a lot of discomforts. Imaging of the brain is required with CT (computed tomography) scan or MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) if the pain is very severe, if you have a stiff neck if you have altered sensorium, or weakness of limbs.

Avoid smoking and alcohol. Medicines that can relieve your pain would include Oxygen inhalation for about 15 minutes, the Triptan group of medicines, Octreotide, Dihydroergotamines, etc. if you have no allergy to them.

Preventive treatment includes drugs like Verapamil, Corticosteroids, Lithium carbonate, non-invasive vagus nerve stimulation, nerve blocks, etc.

Please show to your physician and get examined before starting any treatment.

I hope this was helpful.

|