Codeine

Can blood in sputum be caused by excess clearing of throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I had pneumonia two years ago and I have recovered from it after taking antibiotics for 10 days. Two months back, I had bronchitis and a milder form of pneumonia. After a week of antibiotics I felt much better. Now, my main concern is that I have excessive phlegm with some traces of bl...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bronchitis itself can cause blood in sputum (hemoptysis). This happens due to rupture of minute blood vessels due to excessive coughing. In such case, it is very important to rule out any pneumonia, tuberculosis and lung malignancy. The supplements you have mentioned will...  Read Full »

Is It Tough To Overcome Benadryl Addiction And Get A Sound Sleep?

Query: Hi doctor, I am spending sleepless nights. I am struggling to fall asleep and often get disturbed by dreams. I feel restless legs throughout the night. The next morning when I wake up I feel fatigue. I am addicted to Benadryl to get sleep. But, I am trying to avoid it now. Please guide me for a s...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your complaints, it seems that you might have developed dependence on Benadryl. And it is quite possible that due to this dependence you might be having these symptoms. Benadryl is basically a Codeine-based cough syrup, which is an antitussive agent OTC (over th...  Read Full »

I have pain in my neck and upper arm, with numbness and tingling in both arms. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have mucosal thickening with aerated secretions in the sphenoid sinuses with surrounding hyperostosis. The mucosal thickening in left maxillary sinus is greater than right maxillary sinus, with trace aerated secretions. Also, opacification of right mastoid air cells and right middle ear...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have sent me the verbatim report of the MRI of the cervical spine and the mastoids. This, however, is very little to help me as I do not know the exact symptoms you have. Do you have more problems with your mastoids or the neck? Do you have pain in the neck or does...  Read Full »

Can I take Prodeine Forte for tooth pain during early pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 8 weeks pregnant. Can I take Prodeine Forte for the chronic wisdom tooth pain? I am going to see the dentist tomorrow. But, now I am crying in pain.  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can take Paracetamol 500 mg up to three tablets maximum for the pain relief. But you need to consult your Gynecologist first for the advice. High dosage of Codeine is harmful during pregnancy at early stages. The best way is to visit a dentist and get an access open...  Read Full »

Why does my eosinophil count increase when the season changes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 39 year old female. My eosinophil count increase during when the season changes. From the past month, I am having a persistent cough, which is not allowing me to talk. Phlegm is also present. I have taken two bottles of cough syrup Zeet, Sensiclav 625, Montek LC, Rinifol, twice a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Not to worry, it is something called as hypereosinophilia, which is caused because of infective sources in the body. It can also occur because you are allergic to dust and pollens. I would suggest taking syrup Tossex (combination of Chlorpheniramine and Codeine) two ...  Read Full »

After tooth removal, is it safe to take extra dose of Panadeine?

Query: Hi doctor, Before 25 years, I had root canal treatment on my lower second molar. As I had a broken canal on the same tooth, it was surgically removed a few days ago. The stitches have healed, but still I have pain. The medication reduces pain, but I am worried as if I am taking an extra dose of Pa...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you to take only prescribed dosage not beyond it. If still pain occurs, then I suggest Augmentin Duo 625 mg (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) and Acuvin (Paracetamol) twice in a day at the interval of 12 hours for five days. Consult your doctor, discuss with h...  Read Full »

Am I under the right treatment for cough?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having cough for two to three weeks now. It is mostly dry and frequent throughout the day. I am getting two to three coughs at one time and then it continues. Currently, I am taking Piriton-CS, Pantocid and Montek-LC. I had bronchitis problem a few years back wherein I used to get ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the details you have posted. The medications you are taking are good, but as you were saying that you continue to have dry cough since three weeks some changes need to be done. Avoid cool drinks or cool water. Do gargles with Listerine or Chlorhe...  Read Full »

My mom took 40 mg of Geodon accidentally. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My mom took 40 mg of Geodon accidentally and has also taken the following medicines that are on severe interaction list with Geodon in the last 24 hours. Zithromax, Codeine, thyroid medicines, Omeprazole, Triamterene and Hydrochlorothiazide. She is sleeping now for 3.5 hours after taki...  Read Full »

Dr. Danish Qureshi

Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all Geodon (Ziprasidone) is a sedative drug used for insomnia. It decreases the sleep latency and increases the chances of falling asleep. Zithromax (Azithromycin) and food can increase its blood levels and may cause toxicity. Also, elderly patients are more pro...  Read Full »