Q. What type of treatment should I get to become a father?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 24, 2021

The semen analysis reports are as follows:

volume 3 mL, abnormal forms 0℅, motility - rapidly progressive-20℅, sluggishly progressive-20℅, non-progressive-10℅ and immotile-50℅, pus cells-10 to 12 per hpf vitality-50℅. I have a sperm count of less than 10 million per mL. What are the chances of mine able to conceive a child?

#

Since your sperm count is low and immotile sperm count is high, there is a 40 % to 50% chance. But there is a treatment for the same. Please consult your specialist doctor.

Revert in case of further queries.

What type of treatment should I get? Should I take any medication or any improvement in food habits? How to improve the chances of me being a father?

#

• I suggest you Folic acid supplements and Iron supplements. Also, I suggest tablet Co Q (Coenzyme Q10) once daily for three months.
  • Take plenty of fluids, vegetables, fruits, less oily and spicy food.
  • Wear cotton inner and loose lowers. Meet andrologist and take his guidance for the above treatment.
  • Do get back to me with the reports if the andrologist has advised, so that I can guide you further.
  • Try for pregnancy during the fertile period of your wife. All the best and take care.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

What kind of specific report to be done from andrologist? Some are saying that my chance for naturally being a father is negligible and I have to go for IVF or ICSI or IMSI. Is that true?

#

• The andrologist should be the right person to guide you for further tests. Please consult an andrologist first.
  • IVF (in vitro fertilization) or other options are there as a last resort. Let us first try with basic treatment. Take care.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|