Q. What type of treatment should I get to become a father?

Answered by
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 24, 2021

Hi doctor,

The semen analysis reports are as follows:

volume 3 mL, abnormal forms 0℅, motility - rapidly progressive-20℅, sluggishly progressive-20℅, non-progressive-10℅ and immotile-50℅, pus cells-10 to 12 per hpf vitality-50℅. I have a sperm count of less than 10 million per mL. What are the chances of mine able to conceive a child?



Welcome to

Since your sperm count is low and immotile sperm count is high, there is a 40 % to 50% chance. But there is a treatment for the same. Please consult your specialist doctor.

Revert in case of further queries.

Thank you doctor,

What type of treatment should I get? Should I take any medication or any improvement in food habits? How to improve the chances of me being a father?



Welcome back to

  • I suggest you Folic acid supplements and Iron supplements. Also, I suggest tablet Co Q (Coenzyme Q10) once daily for three months.
  • Take plenty of fluids, vegetables, fruits, less oily and spicy food.
  • Wear cotton inner and loose lowers. Meet andrologist and take his guidance for the above treatment.
  • Do get back to me with the reports if the andrologist has advised, so that I can guide you further.
  • Try for pregnancy during the fertile period of your wife. All the best and take care.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->

Thank you doctor,

What kind of specific report to be done from andrologist? Some are saying that my chance for naturally being a father is negligible and I have to go for IVF or ICSI or IMSI. Is that true?



Welcome back to

  • The andrologist should be the right person to guide you for further tests. Please consult an andrologist first.
  • IVF (in vitro fertilization) or other options are there as a last resort. Let us first try with basic treatment. Take care.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
How much Folic acid is required during pregnancy in Crohn's patient?

The first day of my last period was before 40 days and I have been taking multivitamins which includes 400 micrograms of Folic acid for the past four months ...   Read full

How to improve the chance of pregnancy in case of a semen infection?

.. you doing? I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Let me start on a positive note by saying that she stands a very good chance of pregnancy, but there are some small issues in your infertility treatment which I ...   Read full

I have testicle pain and low sperm count.Kindly suggest siddha medicines.

.. not mentioned your age, marital status, body weight, occupation, how long the testis pain has been there and any swelling in testis. With the available information, the answer is as follows: If the orchitis (inflammation of testis) may be due t...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Management of Coronasomnia
Coronasomnia refers to increased sleep problems among people during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read the below article to get...  Read more»
Balantidiasis - Causes, Signs and Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Balantidiasis is a rare bacterial infection caused by a parasite called Balantidium coli. Read the article below to know...  Read more»
JAK Inhibitors in Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis
Doctors mainly suggest JAK or Janus kinase inhibitors for patients with rheumatoid arthritis to ease their symptoms. Rea...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.