Q. Can ayurvedic medicine be used for cold and dry cough?

Dr. Mahwish
Published on Jan 02, 2019

Due to weather change, I caught a cold and dry cough is there since last four days. Please suggest some medicine to expel a cough from the body.

Dr. Mahwish

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

A dry cough is very common with a change of weather and is often prolonged. It often causes a lot of discomforts especially in the throat. It can also be associated with seasonal allergies. You will be needing an expectorant along with a drug from the bronchodilator group for dilation of the bronchioles and easy expectoration of mucus. I suggest syrup Mexair which contains Terbutaline (bronchodilator) and Guaifenesin (expectorant). Other than that I would suggest you do steam inhalation twice day.

Syrup Mexair twice a day.

My symptoms include dry cough, headache, body pain and nausea. Please help me.

Query: Hi doctor,The problem started out with a dry cough. The next day, I had achy bones and headache. It seemed like it was going away and came back the day after when I woke up feeling like throwing up. My eyes, chest and upper back aches with a feeling of nausea. Please help me. I am scared.  Read Full »

Please suggest ayurveda treatment for hearing loss.

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 46 year old man having diagnosed with a bilateral sensorineural hearing loss. I have been experiencing this for the last two months. Please suggest any ayurveda treatment for the same?  Read Full »

Can I take Combiflam for fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a fever and cold for the past three days. I am taking Calpol and Combiflam. How can I get cured?  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now