Q. I have pain in the left side of stomach with burping, gas and green stools. What could be the reason?

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
Published on Nov 15, 2019

I have been experiencing a pain on the left side of my stomach with passing gas and burping in the stomach. My stool is green and there is no sign of blood and no vomiting. I have been to the doctor and he gave me Nexium and Ranitidine for three days. Also, I was feeling a little better after three days dose. On the fourth day, I felt belly discomfort and burning comes and goes mostly at night. Last night I felt a heat sensation on my neck. The next day I took the pills and the burning feel on the left side of the stomach and heat sensation a neck seems to get cooled. I feel like mucus or something is in my throat. Should I be worried? Also, I get random aches all over the body.

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I understand your concern. Pain on the left side of the abdomen, along with burping and stomach pain are all suggestive of colitis. Since your stool is also green in color, it is advisable that you get your stool examined for parasites and ova. The sensation in the neck seems to be unrelated to your colitis, however, it could be due to acid reflux. Ranitidine will help and you need to continue. For such colitis, I will advise Ofloxacin and Ornidazole twice daily for five days.

Random aches are also suggestive of colitis and infection. So start the medicine and get your stool evaluated. You can follow up once the reports are ready.

Is it safe to take Ofloxacin for body and penile irritation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have body irritation and irritation in the penile area. I have body weakness and pain in the back and waist. I have a mild fever and malaise. Please go through my reports. Suggest me a suitable treatment plan. I want to know an answer. Is it safe to take Ofloxacin 400 mg for a longer t...  Read Full »

Can Terbinaforce Plus cream be used for ringworm infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having ring like patches all over the body for the past five months. I have itching all over the body including private parts and now it spreads to face as well. I had Griseofulvin tablets, Liv-Cet-5 twice daily and Terbinaforce Plus cream for the last 2 months. But, it did not cure...  Read Full »

My CT abdomen is suggestive of colitis. Would you explain the symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 54 year old male. My weight is 84 kg, and weight is 175 cm. I have done a CT scan before three months, and it showed mild thickening of the sigmoid colon suggestive colitis. I do not have any symptoms of colitis, diarrhea or blood in the stool. I have done stool occult blood test...  Read Full »