Lymphocytosis

Can a history of EBV cause persistent lymphocytosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached my reports. Please explain to me what it is? Do I have persistent lymphocytosis?   Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Following is my answer to your asked question. In the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your lymphocytes count are repeatedly elevated. So it is suggestive of persistent lymphocytosis. You have EBV (Epstein- Barr virus) IgG (immunoglo...  Read Full »

Can you please review my wife's blood report?

Query: Hello doctor, This is for my wife. She is 36 years old. Her height is 5'4" and weight is 65 kg. Recently, we had a blood test and the attachments here are the results of the same. We are worried with the absolute lymphocytes count and percentage as well as the other highlighted numbers in the report...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She has vitamin D on the lower side. Apart from some ups and downs in the hemogram report, all the other reports are appearing to be within normal limits. Rise in the lymphocyte count is...  Read Full »

Please interpret my friend's blood report for increased lymphocytes.

Query: Hi doctor, I am curious about my friend's blood results. Blood tests show that his lymphocytes abs is 5.71 before six months, and 5.35 before three months. (Compared to the normal range that came with the results which is 1.30-3.60 x 10^9/L). Do you think is there something to be worried about?  Read Full »

Dr. Kks

Hematologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed the records. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Having more lymphocyte count is known as lymphocytosis. 1. Benign or reactive lymphocytosis: Transient nature can be seen in an infectious disease like viral illness. This does not seem to b...  Read Full »

What causes lymphocytosis and high homocysteine levels?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently I did my blood test and few areas of the result are bothering me. I have attached my entire report. Please do let me know the medication. I do not have any health issues except for random tiredness.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your attached reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In your report, four main abnormal values are present such as lymphocytosis, vitamin D deficiency, vitamin B12 deficiency, and homocysteine borderline high. Lymphocytos...  Read Full »

What causes high lymphocytes and low neutrophils in a child?

Query: Hi doctor,My 1.5 year old boy has low neutrophils (17%) and high lymphocytes (74%). He has normal hemoglobin and total WBC. We did this blood test one week after vaccinations. There is no actual complaint, and we did the blood test to check if there is iron deficiency. I have attached the blood rep...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per report provided, the lymphocyte count is slightly high. In the case of a child with age 1 to 3, the lymphocyte count can be up to 70%. Lymphocytosis is considered in the child of 1.5 years when the absolute lymphocyte count is more than 9000. Here, it is n...  Read Full »

Does increase in lmphocyte count indicate leukemia or lymphoma?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a viral infection before two months with fever for five days and cough and increased mucus production for more than two weeks. On a follow-up visit with a PCP, I was given antibiotics for five days Azithromycin and antihistamine Levocetirizine to make sure there is no secondary i...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your attached report. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The lymphocytes are slightly elevated. The lymphocytosis seems most likely to be due to previous viral infection of the upper respiratory tract. The peripheral smear report not sho...  Read Full »

I have been diagnosed with monoclonal B cell lymphocytosis. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 46 years old. I have been diagnosed with monoclonal B cell lymphocytosis. B-cell markers CD19 is 36 %, Cd 20 is 33 %, and CD 22 is 3%. Dual expression Cd19/Cd5 is 31 %, Cd19/Cd23 is 31%, Cd19/Cd10 1 %. Blood was lymphoid gated. B-cell population coexpresses CD 45, 5, 19, 23, 20 d...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows, 1. Going through the markers and the count, a diagnosis of MBL (monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosis) can be thought of. 2. Absolute counts are only mildly increased. Need to watch for rising counts and any lymph nodes in t...  Read Full »

My blood reports shows lymphocytosis and macrocytic anemia. Kindly give your opinion.

Query: Hello doctor,I would like to know your opinion of my complete blood count. I have attached my reports with this which shows absolute lymphocytosis and macrocytic anemia from two years.   Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. In the mentioned history hemoglobin level is low and MCV (mean corpuscular volume) is high, So macrocytic anemia is present (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The cause for which has to be ruled out. Hypothyroidism, vitamin B12 deficiency, liver di...  Read Full »

2 years and 6 months old with abnormal CBC test results. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, 2 years and 6 months old with abnormal CBC test results (two tests seven weeks apart). First tested because of enlarged lymph node (only one side) in neck. Node has reduced in size to what appears normal. Low MCHC (just barely outside range of 32.0 to 36.0) 31.3. Low NE % of 26.1 Auto...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your CBC report is suggestive of lymphocytosis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The common cause for lymphocytosis is viral infection. The enlarged lymph node could be due to that. Now, your enlarged node return to normal size as per history, so sugg...  Read Full »

What is leukocytosis with lymphocytosis? Is it some kind of a cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, My height is 5 feet 2 inches, and I weigh 90 kg. I got my thyroid tests done. I am already taking Eltroxin 50 mcg daily. Please check the reports and let me know what can be done.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Your reports say (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that your TSH, T3, and T4 are normal. I suggest Eltroxin (Levothyroxine) 50 mcg is enough to keep your thyroid functions in the normal range. So, continue the same dose. Regard...  Read Full »