Q. Does urinating and washing the vagina after sex reduce the chance of pregnancy?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

I am a 33 year old married woman. Within two months of my marriage, we often had sexual intercourse, but I do not know if he ever ejaculated inside me. Yesterday, I think he ejaculated inside me, but I am not sure. After sex, I washed my vagina and urinated. Is there any chance of pregnancy? This is my third week of the menstrual cycle. Please help me as soon as possible. I do not want to take Unwanted 72.

#

• Sperms are plenty and you cannot be completely safe if you do not use a condom. You cannot wash it completely. It cannot be avoided by withdrawing the penis before ejaculating, as sperms can be present in the precum.
  • A single sperm can cause fertilization. Now apart from Unwanted 72, you can opt for common pills at specific doses for protection. Otherwise, you have to take chance and have to wait for your periods.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

What about Unwanted 72? If I take it for the first time and only once, what will be the side effects? Does it affect the future chances of conceiving?

#

These are few facts regarding Unwanted 72:

1. This is a hormonal pill with the effectivity of 95 %, and it has to be taken within 72 hours of exposure.
  2. It has no long-term side effect or does not hamper the fertility if taken once in a year.
  3. Being a hormonal pill, it can jeopardize your hormonal balance temporarily and can cause spotting, delayed cycle, or withdrawal bleeding lasting for a month.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I have Unwanted 72, should I take it? Or should I buy I-pill? Which is better? Secondly, can you specify the names of other common pills that you were referring initially? Should these pills be taken in addition to I-pill or Unwanted 72? I would like to know in details about the side effects such as mood swings, hormonal imbalance, bleeding, etc., as I am little stressed out. I am not 100 % convinced that he ejaculated inside me. Are there any other contraceptives, apart from I-pill and Unwanted 72, which has least side effects? Thank you.

#

• They can act solely, and you do not need to take it along with I-pill. But, the side effects are more than I-pill.
  • Side effects of I-pill vary from woman to woman, and mood swings are not a big issue. Hormonal disturbances resulting from bleeding disorders are common but unpredictable, and I have described them already.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I would like to know whether sex positions have any relation with conceiving. We had vaginal sex, but I was on top of him instead of him taking control. Kindly reply soon. Regards.

#

Welcome back to icliniq.com.

• There is no such relationship with sex positions.

|