Q. How long will it take to correct PCOD and conceive?

I had a missed abortion one year back and we have been trying for about eight months for the next pregnancy. My period lags regularly for three to four weeks after the abortion.

An ultrasound scan showed typical PCOD on both ovaries with 9 mm follicles and have 5 mm endometrial thickness. My doctor advised taking Glucophage 500 mg for two months.

Can I get pregnant soon? How many months should it take to correct my problems and to conceive?

#

You have been prescribed Metformin drug for your case which is prescribed in case of PCOD to decrease glucose level and to regularise the period. If needed, a hormonal pill also can be prescribed.

Clomiphene citrate helps in inducing ovulation. So, continue taking the prescribed medication and try to reduce weight if you are obese. Regular exercise will also be beneficial in your case.

Take a healthy diet and more fruits.

Try to have intercourse especially around ovulation time at around 14 days of menstruation cycle. If you do not get pregnant in a few months, then a USG scan study should be done to detect ovulation and Clomiphene can be prescribed If needed. If no medication helps then assisted reproductive techniques (ART) may be used.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|