Q. My girlfriend's breasts are hurting after an unprotected sex. Is she pregnant?

Dr. Vidya
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2020

My girlfriend thinks she is pregnant. She has not taken birth control pills. The next month she took them. But, due to stomach problems, she did not take it regularly. The month following this, she took them correctly. She did a urine test and it was negative for pregnancy. But today, during her bath, she noticed her breast was bigger and hurting. We had an unprotected sex and did some foreplay. I would like to know if there is a real chance of pregnancy.

#

• No, there is no chance of pregnancy as the pregnancy test is negative and also you say that the sexual act was with condoms.
  • The breast can get bigger with sexual arousal. It has nothing to do with the pregnancy.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

We had an unprotected sexual act, but without ejaculation inside her vagina. We had actually forgotten to use a condom for a few minutes then we stopped and got the condom. Her last period was around 17 days ago and she was taking birth control pills as I said before. So, a urine exam would detect the pregnancy right?

#

• Yes, the urine test would detect a pregnancy. Get it done to be fully assured.

|