Q. My wife is pregnant. How to know in which week she is?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 18, 2021

My wife's hCG result showed 8000 mIU/mL. I understood that she is pregnant. But, how to make make sure the current term of pregnancy? I do not know in which week she is now. Please guide.

#

• It will not be perfect to diagnose the gestational age of pregnancy by a blood test. You never know if the pregnancy is single or twin or more. The blood test is just to diagnose pregnancy and also to confirm the growth of the baby.
  • The best way of knowing the gestational age is scan, especially transvaginal. After hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) of 1500 mIU/mL, the baby can be seen on the scan.
  • The scan will give the perfect gestational age, whether it is single or more babies, whether they are in uterus or tubes, any early anomalies and so on.
  • This early estimation will also help in the future analysis of the rate of growth of the baby.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|