Q. Will regular use of contraceptive pill hamper future pregnancy?

Dr. Reetika Joshi
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 17, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 09, 2021

I am taking morning-after pill continuously every day for almost six months. I am trying to have a baby for more than a year. What is my problem?

# Hi,

I understand your concern. You are trying to have a baby for more than a year. It is necessary to consult an infertility specialist at this point soon with your partner. For getting pregnant, sperms have to be released inside the vagina of the female. These sperms have to fertilize an egg. After fertilization, it gets implanted inside the uterus of the female. When these entire things happen successfully, this is known as successful implantation. As you are unable to get conceived, then you can have problems with the quality of sperms, eggs, fertilization, and implantation. Please mention further details regarding your condition. Please mention in detail about your last menstrual period and cycle length. Please mention whether you have any other health complications and any history of previous pregnancy. In the meantime, you can start taking folic acid and multivitamins. Have intercourse on alternate days during fertile days. Take Duphaston (Dyhydrogesterone) from 14 to 24 days of your cycle. Have a good diet with a healthy lifestyle. Avoid having stress.

|