Q. Why do I have pain under my left ribs and in my left breast with swelling in the rib region?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 21, 2021 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2021

I have had pain in the left breast, under the left ribs, and in the lower back region for the past three months. There is a swelling in the left rib region. I also have a consistent cough and cold.

Kindly help.

#

Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern.

Your reports are suggestive of costochondritis, which means that your ribs on the left side are inflamed. So, I suggest you take anti-inflammatory drugs as the first line of treatment. Also, I would suggest you do a chest x-ray to help you further

Please take the following medications;

1) Tablet Etorixocib twice daily after meal for five days.

2) Tablet Pantop 40 mg (Pantoprazole) once a day before breakfast for five days.

3) Tablet CCM (Calcium Citrate Malate, Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3), Folic Acid) once daily after dinner for one month.

Take care.

|