Q. What medicines do you suggest for severe cough that developed after a cold?

I am facing this severe and acute cough for the past three days. I am constantly coughing. It started with a cold and running nose. I took Zyrcold tablet for it. It helped with the running nose, but since then I am coughing constantly. There is no fever now, only persistent cough. Please provide good medicines for this dry cough, which is very acute.

#

I went through your post.

• You seem to have had an upper respiratory viral infection. Generally, it is a self-limiting illness and settles in a week. However, the symptoms can be bothersome.
  • I suggest the following medicines:
  1. Tablet Telekast-L (a combination of Levocetirizine and Montelukast) twice daily for five days.
  2. Tablet Levofloxacin 500 mg once daily for five days.
  3. Take plenty of fluids and Paracetamol 500 if there is fever. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

It should settle your issue. Regards.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|