Q. Are my headache, fever, body ache, cold, cough, and tiredness because of the Sinovac vaccine?

Dr. Aleph

I got my Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine one week ago. And after my vaccination, I have body ache, headache, fever, cold, chill, tiredness, sore throat, and dry cough.

Are my symptoms because of the vaccine?

Thanks.

#

Vaccine related adverse effects usually last up to 72 hours.

Kindly answer me the following to help you better;

1) Do you work outside of your home or frequently leave your house to do chores and the like?

2) Any possible exposure from someone with cough, cold, or fever within seven days from start of symptoms?

3) What is the highest temperature of your fever?

4) Does any person within your household has the same symptoms?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

Here are my answer to your questions:

1) I am working at home.

2) I stayed at home and did not go anywhere in the past week.

3) My highest documented fever is 37.6 Celcius.

4) I am the only person having flu in my household.

I need the medical certificate for work. As I was on sick leave for three days already, I need a medical certificate as fit to work.

Thanks.

#

For now, we still need to rule out the possibility of COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease-2019) infection. Kindly get swab testing for COVID-19 and isolate yourself within your household. I cannot give you a medical certificate for fit to work until we have ruled out COVID-19 infection.

I suggest you take tablet Vitamin C and Zinc once daily. And tablet Paracetamol 500 mg as and when required.

Take care.

|