Q. I have pain in the lower part of the chest. Please examine the CT results and suggest a treatment.

Answered by
Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 04, 2020

Hi Doctor,

I am 64 years old, BP, Diabetes and Heart patient. I am having pain on my lower left part of the chest (above the Spleen) that looks like a bone pain. I feel it only when pressure is applied on the left side. I am having the pain for the last 10 days now. I visited a doctor and he suggested me to perform several tests including CT scan for chest, abdomen (plain and contrast). Unfortunately the doctor is gone out of station for several days. Will you be able to look into my reports and suggest treatment plan/next steps.



went through your post and reports ,you seem to be more interested in CT scan there are nonenhancing nodules in CT which generally have no significance in clinical non enhancing are benign lesion and are common findings on CT.There are few healed rib fractures which possibly are cause of pain. your HBA1C is high which needs dose increase or change of meds for proper blood sugar control. in total I can assure you that there is nothing to worry about. Regards

Hi Doctor, Thanks! The old fractures are far from the current pain area ( lower left part of the chest). Also, I did not see any comments on the low Iron/Ferritin values from you.For your reference, I have also attached the Serum electrophoresis reports. The hematologist consulted by me , suggested to take Livogen-Z tablets and meet a Gastro specialist. Seems to be heading nowhere to identify the cause of pain. The pain is lesser now. Should I just wait?


your hematologist has advised you well you possibly are losing iron from your gastrointestinal tract which needs to be seen were you are losing and may be the cause which is most common reason for low iron labels and yes Levogen is iron supplement which you need to continue

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
What does restrictive disorder in spirometry test imply?

The CT (computed tomography) scan which you attached is showing ground glass with mild reticular changes in your basal regions and from the history which you gave it could be an interstitial lung disease (restrictive pattern in spirometry and ggo in ...   Read full

What can I feed my wife to increase hemoglobin levels?

Meanwhile, in diet and supplements, give her apples, pomegranate, beetroot, green leafy vegetables, and Autrin tablet (Iron, Folic acid, Vitamin B12) once daily ...   Read full

My wife's fitness certificate was put on hold due to low hemoglobin. Can she travel abroad?

The common causes of microcytic hypochromic anemia are iron-deficiency anemia, sideroblastic anemia, thalassemia minor, and Read full

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

How to evaluate the reason for low hemoglobin?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 76 years old. She is diabetic and on medication for around 15 years. She is suffering from typhoid fever. Her hemoglobin level is low at 6. She is also very weak to walk on her own for the past few days. Kindly suggest some advice.  Read Full »

Is lupus causing all my symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 44 year old female, and I have been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus, and Sjogren's syndrome, with symptoms dating back to as young as six years old. I have also been diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension, thyroiditis, Raynaud disease, right-sided heart enlargeme...  Read Full »

Side Effects Of Phendimetrazine

Query: Hi doctor, I took thermogenic Phendimetrazine for two days. I am now experiencing shortness of breath and excessive yawning. I am also burping all the time. I stopped taking the medicine six days ago and, yet I am still gasping for breath and experiencing these side effects. My doctor did an EKG an...  Read Full »

Also Read

Parkinson's Disease: Historical Aspects and Current Treatment Approaches
This article discusses the historical aspects of Parkinsonism and, the evidence based approaches currently available for...  Read more»
I am suffering from dry and scaly scalp. Is that scalp psoriasis?
Hello doctor, I am suffering from dry, scaly patches on the scalp for the last six to eight months. Since childhood, I h...  Read more»
Birth Control Methods - Facts, and Types
Devices or treatments done to prevent unwanted pregnancy are called birth control methods.In this article, I am going to...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a General Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.