Q. Is there a problem with a penis with a downward curvature?

Dr. Raveendran S. R

Is there a problem with having downward penis curvature? Is it okay to have sex with downward curvature? Why is my penis bent downward?

#

I can understand your concern. I have had a look at the picture (attachment removed to protect the patient’s identity). There are multiple reasons for a bent penis.

1. It can be due to a short frenulum. It would be helpful if you could share a picture of your erect penis (side and below) for diagnosis. Usually, surgical management is the cure.

2. It can be due to phimosis. It would be helpful if you could share a picture of your erect penis and foreskin retracted picture. Surgical management is the cure for this as well.

3. It can be due to Peyronie’s that causes a scar inside the penis muscle. This requires a Doppler scan to diagnose.

4. If you have pain during sex, you can use the tablet Zerodol P (Aceclofenac) as a temporary solution.

|