Q. What should I do to remove the dark forehead complexion?

Dr. Rashmi Singh
Published on Jun 23, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 21, 2019

My face is not as fair as my body. There is a huge difference between my face and body.

My forehead is much darker than my face. It may be because I do not take care of my face.

What should I do to get fair skin? Please suggest.

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

I read your concern and by the sound of it, it appears that you have developed a lot of tanning on your face.

There are few steps that you can take to get a fair skin

• Use a brightening face wash like Ethiglow or Ahaglow 2-3 times a day.
  • Apply sunscreen with a good protection thrice daily, preferably at 8 AM, 12 PM and 4 PM. This is the most important step.
  • Use an exfoliate agent like Glycolic acid (Glyco-A) three times a week for 5-6 hours.
  • Apply a depigmenting cream like Depiwhite for two months at night, followed by mild brightening cream like Biluma after that.

If it does not help, consult your dermatologist to get a combination of advanced treatment with Q-switched lasers and peels.

Follow up after three weeks to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

There a lot of variants available of Depiwhite like advanced, masque, etc.

Which one should I use? Should I use both the cream (Depiwhite and Biluma) at the same time?

Or

Should I use one and leave it for some hours then wash and use the other?

Dr. Rashmi Singh

#

Apply plain Depiwhite cream for two months (combination of Hydroquinone 2%, Kojic acid 2%, Aluminium silicate and Lactic acid) and then switch to Biluma.

For further doubts consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I need your suggestions on which sunscreen to use.

Query: Hi doctor, I am in a little trouble. Summer has started where I live, and I am addicted to playing cricket, whatever the weather or climate be. From last two weeks, I have noticed that my face color has become darker due to the sun. So, I am a little confused about which sunblock cream to use. I ne...  Read Full >>

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sun protection factor or SPF blocks damaging UV rays, which are responsible for skin aging, darkening, sunburn, and malignancy. I would advise you to use sunscreens that are a multi-spectrum or broad spectrum, which blocks both UV-A and UV-B rays. Select Sunscreen acc...  Read Full

Skin Care Tips to Avoid Pimples

Article Overview: Acne or pimples can be esthetically disturbing. Read the article to know the skin care routine and preventive measures that dermatologist advice for acne. Read Article

Dr. Vinay Kumar

What Is Acne Vulgaris? Acne vulgaris is the medical name for pimples. Pimples or acne is a common skin condition of adolescents and teenagers due to blockage of pores of oil producing glands which results in blackheads, bumps and nodules on the skin of face, upper arms, and trunk. The severity, du...  Read Article

Can I use Kojivit cream to improve my complexion?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a wheatish complexion. Can you please suggest if I can use Kojivit cream for skin lightening?  Read Full >>

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can use Kojivit gel (Kojic acid) safely daily. But, it only removes extra tan from your skin. You can try using a Glycolic acid based face wash for better results of skin lightening. Make sure that you apply sunscreen every 5-6 hours. You can also g...  Read Full