Q. Delayed conception or intrauterine pregnancy of uncertain viability.

Dr. Gowrimeena
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 18, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I am 24 years. I did urine pregnancy test and got tested as positive. After 10 days, I visited doctor and I got it confirmed. After 17 days I got 3 drops of bleeding. Doctor scanned and told negative. Again in urine test another light line found. Doctor saw that strip and she gave some tablets to use. And she told embryo is not visible in scan and she told me to come after 1 month to scan again. Am I pregnant or not?

#

• It looks like you are having a condition called delayed conception or intrauterine pregnancy of uncertain viability.
  • We need to do a beta HCG blood test to be able to differentiate the two.
  • Waiting and rescanning in 2 weeks is advisable, as waiting for a month may be too long.
  • Once we get your blood results we may be able to tell when to re-scan.
  • In any case, keep taking folic acid supplements.

Please do not hesitate to send in further queries to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|