Q. Other than HSG, how to evaluate my fertility?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
Published on Jan 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 27 years old. I have attached my reports. I have a very regular cycle of 28days. I also use OPK. My reports have been standard. I was prescribed Siphene 50 mg though I ovulate on my own and am on the sixth cycle now. I also used to take Duphaston 50 mg twice for 10 days. Now, I am in my last cycle of Clomid. What if I do not conceive in this cycle? What are the next options? What should I do next? Should I take any other medications? Please guide.

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Andrology Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

• Your reports are normal and your husband's semen is also normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • You have mentioned that the ultrasound scan is normal. But, I cannot see any report regarding blood sugar and TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone). Also, there is no investigation like HSG x-ray (hysterosalpingogram) to see whether fallopian tubes are open or closed. You need to do these tests before proceeding with another treatment.

Revert back with the reports to an infertility specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

Here is my blood sugar test and thyroid test. My prolactin was high at that time as I was taking migraine medication. But, I stopped it from the time I am TTC. Now, it is in normal level if you can refer my last report shared. My HSG is pending. Shall I try my last cycle with Clomid and then go for HSG? Other than HSG, is there any test pending to evaluate my fertility?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

#

• You can proceed with Clomid cycle and if it fails, then should do HSG test. I would suggest repeating semen analysis as two normal reports settle male factor.
  • You can also do serum vitamin D test as deficiency is sometimes a cause of infertility.
  • After all these, you will have an option of going for IUI (intrauterine insemination) with injections of FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) and HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin).

For further information consult an infertility specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

Following IUI, when can I test for pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My last period was on the 26th of last month. I had IUI on 7th evening and 8th morning of this month. When can I test for pregnancy?  Read Full »

I had a laparoscopic removal of a chocolate cyst.Is it possible for me to get pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old female. I am not yet married. In October 2013, I had a laparoscopic removal of a chocolate cyst measuring 10cm. The doctor suggested me tablet Ovral-L. But, after that I had aneurysm and could not take those tablets. Now, when I got scanning done 4 days ago, they fo...  Read Full »

How to find the exact date of conception?

Query: Hi doctor, According to my LMP, I was 9 weeks and 5 days pregnant, and ultrasound showed I was 9 weeks and 3 days pregnant. There was a CRL measurement of 26.96 mm. I had sex on the last day of my periods and then again after 11 days. And, my LMP and ultrasound calculation show two days difference. ...  Read Full »

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now