Q. What is the normal LH and FSH value on day 2 of periods?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
Published on Dec 07, 2017 and last reviewed on: Dec 26, 2018

I had a biochemical pregnancy before seven months. One month later, when I took a scan it showed a simple right ovarian cyst measuring 33 x 27 mm. I took Meprate tablet and got my period. Then, my cycle was regular for a month. Then, when I tried again for pregnancy, I did not get my period and PT also came back negative. Again, I took Meprate tablet and got by period. I had LH and FSH test on the second day of my period. LH is 11.93 and FSH is 5.96. RBC and thyroid test are normal. Is this LH value an issue? What should I do to overcome this? When can I try for pregnancy again?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Regarding the simple cyst and its size, there is no matter of worry. The normal value of LH on day 2 is 2-18 and the normal value of FSH on day 2 is 1-18. Both of which fall in the normal range and so you need not worry. You please start on Folic acid supplements and also meet your gynecologist.

The growth of the follicles can be studied in detail and then we can know the day of ovulation and plan for pregnancy accordingly. Usually, if you try from day 12 to day 22 of your fertile period, the chances of you getting pregnant are more. So, please take those supplements and plan on these days for better results.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I do like to know the reason for my irregular periods. Please explain.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Please get your pelvic scan done to rule out the exact cause of irregular periods. May be you have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) or some other cause.
  • Also, get a thyroid profile done. We first have to know the exact cause of irregular periods and then we can treat you appropriately.

My thyroid medicine makes me sick. Should it be changed?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been diagnosed hypothyroid. I am currently taking WP Thyroid. I have taken Armour and Nature-thyroid. They all make me sick to my stomach. I tried adding generic T3 and it made my symptoms worse, that is, hair loss, cold hands and feet, weight gain, fatigue, GERD, and constipatio...  Read Full »

How to consume Kalarchi Choornam to get rid of multiple ovarian cysts?

Query: Hi doctor, How to consume Kalarchi Choornam to completely get rid of multiple cysts in both ovaries. It is not pcod but countless multiple cysts on both ovaries. Please clarify, how much and how many times should I consume daily? And for how long? Is it fine to take the medicine during menstrual cy...  Read Full »

Can Kalarchikai cure multiple ovarian cysts in PCOD?

Query: Hello doctor, I have multiple small cysts in both ovaries (PCOS). Our family friend suggested me to consume Kalarchikai medicine, powdered mixed with pepper and honey to have it for one mandalam (48 days). I have completed nearly 44 days by consuming one small ball of the mixture every morning and ...  Read Full »