Q. My daughter suffered from dengue. Is she fit to travel?

Dr. Sugandh Garg
Published on Oct 04, 2014 and last reviewed on: Nov 13, 2018

My 9 year old daughter suffered from dengue. Her platelet count is 1,95,000. We are going for a family function away from our home town. The journey is about nine hours by train. She does not have a fever or any other symptoms. Is she fit to travel?

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Toxicology
#

Please get her examined thoroughly from the treating doctor before proceeding with the journey. Make sure you carry all the important and necessary medications with you while traveling.

Do not give her any outside food.

Protect and prevent her from cross infections/dust etc. Keep her mouth and nose covered with a face mask.

Make her wear full sleeved protective clothing. Use mosquito repellant repeatedly to avoid contact with mosquitoes.

Can chikungunya spread through cold?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 45 years old. She suffers from chikungunya. She got this problem due to cold. Please suggest.  Read Full »

What can be done to reduce scars due to mosquito bites?

Query: Hello doctor, My 8 year old daughter reacts badly to mosquito bites. We try to keep her covered and give antihistamine if she reacts badly and is scratching the bites. But, she scratches them, and they form scars that leave dark marks/scars on her face and body. What can we do to reduce the scarrin...  Read Full »

Skin Cancer Facts: What You Need to Know

Article Overview: The skin is an organ which protects the body against the harmful effects of sunlight, infection, injury, and helps regulate body temperature and moisture. This article talks about the most common type of cancer, namely, skin cancer which usually occurs in areas exposed to sunlight. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S

Skin cancer is the uncontrolled growth of skin cells, forming a tumorous mass. It can be either benign (where the tumor can grow but not spread to other organs) or malignant (can spread to other organs). If it is detected early, it can be treated quickly with less scarring. Types of Skin Cancer Th...  Read Article