Q. I removed braces earlier than required. Can I get braces again?

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2019

I am 18 years old. I had braces a few years ago. I got them out early because I thought my teeth would have become straight, which I totally regret. I did not get a retainer for teeth. I do not like my teeth whatsoever. Can I get braces again?

#

I have read through your complaint and relevant details.

• You sound like your teeth have returned to the original position. The reason, as you are already aware of, is because of not using the retainers.
  • You should also know the fact that as the word implies the retainers are only to retain the corrected teeth. You cannot expect it to do wonders on incompletely treated teeth.
  • However, I advise you to visit your dentist as he or she already knows your treatment history to discuss if you need your metal braces back on or a simple retainer would help the current situation.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|