Q. Is it normal to feel pain in the gums after having implants?

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 16, 2020

Eight days ago, I had four dental implants placed in the lower jaw. Is it normal to have pain on the sides of the gums where I got implants?

#

I can understand your concern regarding dental health.

• The presence of pain for 10 to 15 days after implant is a normal one.
  • It might also be due to some infections like plaque or food lodgement or due to some pathological changes in bone.
  • So, you should consult your nearby dentist to rule out the reason of pain by clinical examination of the affected area.
  • Meanwhile, you can take painkillers like Ibuprofen (if no allergy) 600 mg 8 hourly. If swelling occurs, you can subside it by ice application.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|