Q. I lost my retainers and my tooth got shifted forward. Shall I get invisalign?

Dr. Akmal Abdelmalek

I used to have braces and lost my retainers a couple of months ago. My teeth got shifted and moved forward. I got new retainers made but my teeth have already shifted. Can I get an invisalign treatment only for a couple of months so my teeth can be pushed backward? And how much will that cost if it is pliable?

#

Relapse is not uncommon following orthodontic treatment (braces) even after years that is why it is recommended to have spare retainers, permanent ones or if you are using removable retainers either a spare models kept at the orthodontist's office or the patient contacts the office immediately if their retainer breaks or is lost for a new impression before any changes happening to the teeth.

In your case, if you do not have these options mild changes should be amenable to correction with Invisalign. Contact your orthodontist for further information regarding the cost and duration of treatment.

Lost retainers.

Orthodontic records, including photos, study models, x-rays, and cephalometric analysis.

Mild relapse.

Aligners treatment.

Wearing retainers full-time or permanent retention.

|