Q. What are the ways to get rid of tartar in teeth?

Dr. Parth Laxminarayan Iyer
Published on Jul 19, 2019

I am 18 and I rarely brush. Just a handful of months ago, I got plaque at the insides of my bottom teeth and now it has become worse with tartar and plaque. How can I get rid of it?

#

Irregular maintenance of good oral hygiene (like tooth brushing) can lead to tartar or plaque deposits around the teeth and on the gums. This weakens the jaw bones and mobilizes teeth in the long run. Bad breath can also be seldom avoided. However, prevention is better than cure and let me show you how to prevent it:

1. Get scaling and root planing done by your dentist.

2. Maintain good oral hygiene by brushing at least twice a day, along with using a good mouthwash.

3. Follow-up with your doctor at every 3 to 4 months to see how the treatment is working for you.

All these procedures are painless and you will have no difficulty or problem during or after the treatment.

Why is my tooth root exposed?

Query: Hello doctor, My two front bottom teeth are wearing away from the inside (from below upwards). They will soon have the roots exposed and then I will surely lose them. Is there anything I can do to slow down the process? Brushing now seems to accelerate it with chunks coming out!! I have not been to ...  Read Full »

Can I use whitening toothpaste for the yellow stains in my teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have yellow stains in my teeth. I feel very bad before others. This problem has been there since childhood. I have attached the pictures of my stained teeth. Please advise.  Read Full »

My gums are bleeding with some change in the shape. Will my gums take the original shape?

Query: Hello doctor,I have bleeding gums for a year or so, and it usually happens after I brush my teeth. I find a slight change in the shape of my gums. I have been taking extra oral care. Is there anything I could do to stop my gums from bleeding? And if the bleeding stops permanently, will my gums take ...  Read Full »