Q. Despite taking medicine for the past four years, I am facing depression and anxiety. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 31, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 02, 2021

I have been on depression and anxiety medications for four years. I found out that I had depression because I stopped eating and landed in the hospital for being malnourished. I was exhausted with antidepressant and anxiety medicine. Now I am not sure whether it is the feeling of my body or side effects from the medicines since every medicine can make depression worse and cause anxiety. I just wanted to get some opinions. What are some other natural ways to help depression and anxiety?

#

• Depression and anxiety treatment should be given for long duration for best results. Even with medicine, your symptoms are persistent, so this is not the time to stop the medicines. But, the prescription should be evaluated.
  • Do not think of reducing the doses by own and talk to your doctor before making any change in the prescription.
  • Cognitive therapy with a good psychologist can help you to come out of depression. The therapy runs in sessions, and a proper therapeutic relationship is made between the patient and psychologist. This can reduce the need to drugs.
  • Supplements containing Omega fatty acids, Vitamin B12, etc., can be used in diet and will naturally potentiate the actions of antidepressants.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|