Q. I am depressed, and I have pain and gastric problems. Are they related?

Dr. Rajesh Bansari
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 27, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 01, 2021

I am a 25-year-old female, and for a year, I am totally depressed. My life is getting worse, without friends, family, hobbies. There is no one to bother about me. I have already seen three gastroenterologists, and I have tried for a half year: Helicid + Famosan + Ursosan + Itoprid + Duspatalin + Probiotic + Vitomin Z, Vitamin B-all types, Vitamin A, E, D. Nothing much was of help. My new doctor said to me I have to get rid of all medicaments and start without them, and the pain is caused by lots of stress and lack of sleep. I am in the third week on this medication, and I am in terrible pain every day - no matter what I eat. Please, could you give me some help?

1) Is there any possibility that after you used these medicaments - my stomach is only trying to recover from some 'shock' without pills? I have to be patient and continue with this process?

2) How to start a new week to heal the stomach pain and get on track with standard meals? (e.g., For one whole week eat only rice, Gluten-free white bread, potatoes and after that start to add something).

3) Is it possible that taking lots of vitamins (Vitamin B, Zinc, Omega 3, Magnesium, Yeast, Probiotics) can cause stomach pain or acid reflux? I have a problem with acne, and I know it is from the worse digestion.

4) I love to exercise but jumping or laying on the floor is sometimes painful - what is the best kind of sport to do with stomach issues?

5) Is it possible that yogurt or milk makes stomach pain even I was tested on dairy allergy, and everything was fine? I love yogurt.

6) It is possible that underweight (BMI 15,7) is causing all my problems? (and I have to eat a lot even I am in pain to get a healthy weight).

#

|